(re)Purpose:full > Office Recycling
We encourage all our branch offices to responsibly recycle office paper, glass and aluminum. Keep in mind that we have more than a hundred offices in dozens of states across the nation and we have partnered with each and every property manager to coordinate an office recycling program for every location.
- In the city of New York alone, enough trash is thrown away in one day to fill the entire Empire State Building!
- More than 60% of the trash thrown in trash bins in the US could be recycled.
- Aluminum cans can be recycled completely and put to use in a short time. One recycled tin can saves enough energy to power a TV for 3 hours.
- Glass can be recycled 100% and reused. Glass products that end up in landfills do not decompose at all. One recycled glass bottle can save enough energy to power a PC for 25 minutes.
- Plastics (most of which can be recycled) take 500 years to decompose. Around 16% of the cost of a product is spent on packaging which is completely wasted if not recycled properly. Plastics that can be recycled are marked with a number 1-7 with 1 being the most recyclable and 7 being the least.
- 24 trees are cut down to create 1 ton of Paper. But recycled paper creates 70% less pollution compared to normal raw material paper production.
- About 1.3 billion tons of Food is wasted every year – enough to build a mountain 2 miles across and 8,000 feet high – close to 30% of agricultural land is used to grow or farm food that is subsequently wasted. Nearly 12 weeks’ worth of groceries is thrown away each year by the average family.